Purity & Quality Assurance
Why Choose Vita Aid? What is the "Vita Aid Quality"?
We are one of a few companies in Canada that produces a brand of products exclusively available for health care practitioners. We develop and manufacture all our products, which also allow us to personally monitor the quality of every step of the production process.
Vita Aid is not just a professional line by name, but in every way, including:
- Formulation - Focuses on treatment not just prevention. Dedicated formulation development produces obvious results for patients' health concern within just a few days, unlike products on the general open-shelf market.
- Production Process - Uses certain encapsulation machine and technology which removes the need of magnesium stearate as lubricant. Also, unlike a high capacity, fully automated production line, there are always two people involved in every step and a carefully observed step-by-step checklist for quality control and assurance.
- Standard - Health Canada regulations and the USP (United States Pharmacopoeia) allows the active ingredient of capsules to vary by +10% of label claim. However, since we manufacture our own products, we control our active ingredient content to be no less than 100%, compared to most manufacturers which use 93-95% as the quality standard for their consumer products.
- Raw Material Source - Most of the herbal extracts used in Vita Aid products are made by United States or European companies. These ingredients are all of the highest quality and meet the standards accepted by Health Canada for heavy metals, pesticide, solvents, and microbials. Most of them are also kosher certified and meet USP standards as well.
- Vita Aid products use the same dosage and specifications of ingredients that were used in clinical studies and proven to be effective. Many of our products also use the exact same ingredient as the studies, such as KM-20 in Angiolaxin which clinical studies in Japan showed reduced the risk of hypertension. This means that Vita Aid products can provide patients with effective dosages that lead to fast, noticeable results, as in the studies.
What is Magnesium Stearate? Why Not Add Magnesium Stearate?
Magnesium stearate is a fatty substance (similar to a super-saturated fatty acid) that effectively coats every particle of the ingredients and acts as a lubricant, allowing production to proceed faster and decreasing wear and tear on the machinery. However, magnesium stearate is not water soluble. A coating of magnesium stearate on all the particles delays and decreases absorption of the active ingredients in the gastrointestinal tract.
Figure 1. Effect of lubricant on release of active ingredient.
By not using magnesium stearate in our products, we make sure that patients are receiving the maximum benefits from the active ingredients in our products.
Gluten-Free & Non-GMO & No Artificial Preservative/Flavouring
All ingredients in Vita Aid products are carefully selected and ensured to be gluten-free and non-GMO.
All products are artificial preservative/favouring free.
All products are free of soy, dairy, and animal substance unless specified on the ingredients list eg. soy isoflavones, whey protein, chondroitin.
Health Canada's Natural Health Product Directorate (NHPD) has been regulating and monitoring all natural health products (NHPs) sold in Canada since 2004.
NHPD's regulations require specific test parameters and limits for every licensed NHP, such as active ingredient potency, chemical contamination testing (ie. heavy metals, pesticides)
and microbial contamintion testing.
Since Naturo Aid, the manufacturer of Vita Aid products, is based fully in Canada, every step of our product development and
manufacturing process fully complies with the regulations from Health Canada regarding natural health products.
[click here for NHPD's Regulations on Quality of NHPs]
All Vita Aid's products have been licensed by the NHPD and proved to be safe and effective.
Furthermore, Naturo Aid is a certified GMP manufacturer and holds a site licence issued by Health Canada (Site License No.300391).
Raw Materials/ Ingredients
Vita Aid products are made using the highest quality raw materials, tested for quality and potency by an independent third party laboratory. We use non-irradiated herbs and when available, herbs that are kosher certified. Additionally, the raw materials for our ingredients are chosen to have specifications that are exactly the same, or as similar as possible, to the specifications of the ingredients used in clinical studies, where their safety and efficacy have been demonstrated.
New raw materials are tested for potency, heavy metals (Hg, As, Cd, Pb) and pesticides when received and random repeat tests are made once a year. Every batch of raw material is sampled and the samples retained one year past the expiration date of the products using the raw material for quality control.
During the encapsulation process, our QA/QC specialist monitors the physical parameters and appearance of the capsules, making sure that none are broken and that the capsule weight falls within specifications.
The finished capsules undergo disintegration tests to ensure timely release of the ingredients and microbial tests to determine the absence of yeast and mould, E. coli, Salmonella spp., and Staphylococcus aureus, before being released for packaging. Finished products are retained one year past the product expiration date for ongoing quality control.
Naturo Aid is a pharmaceutical-grade facility. The entire production area is fitted with a high performance air conditioning system which keeps each room in negative pressure, and a heavy-duty filtration system for dust/powder control, to prevent cross-contamination of different products. The facility meets Health Canada NHPD Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) standards and every aspect of the production process follows strict standard operating procedures (SOPs).
Stability/ Expiration Date
The expiration dates for Vita Aid Professional Therapeutics are determined through accelerated tests and/or real time tests to ensure that the finished products maintain their potency, retain their specified physical parameters (e.g., colour and weight), and are free of microbial contaminants throughout their shelf-life.